About Me

My photo
I love: Bright colors, Hanging out with friends, my family, Jesus, Ecuador, The beach, And I am a missionary kid serving God in whatever way I can.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Case de Fe.

I love his hair.
Hahaha, the kids loved to take pictures

Se was just a doll

When we were walking down the street 15 boys came and smeared black paint all over us,  I guess it has to do with Carnival.
So this past weekend Julianna, Sara, and I went to one of the cutest little towns i have been too, Shell. We went there to help at an orphanage with about 50 kids, all raging from the ages of 0-12. I love working there. The kids are just so sweet. So we got to shell thursday night, we had all day friday and saturday there. We worked from about 8:30 until 11:30 we walk home to eat lunch and to just chill/take a nap all of us were so tired, kids really wear you out. Then we would go back at around 2:30, thats when the older kids would get out of school(There are teachers, ecuadorian and american at the orphanage to teach them school, they are also bilingual.) I think one of my favorite parts about working there was when we walked in a couple of the kids would run up to us and give us HUGE hugs, it just made my day. I think it is so good when we go and help there because the tias there don't even really play with the kids, which I think is so sad, but they love to see people who will actually play with them. The whole time I am there I have something to do, which is nice, not a single dull moment. On saturday evening it was so hard saying goodbye to these kids. But I am oh so thankful that God gave me this opportunity, and I can't wait to see what God is planing for me in the future. Hopefully something to do with kids.

2 comments:

  1. miss you katelyn! i'm enjoying reading this. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks! But darlin' I miss you more.

    ReplyDelete